Beaufort, SC | 716 | Sold | $5,900,000
Cotton Hall is located in Beaufort County, SC just off the old Sheldon Church Road where revolutionary battles were fought for independence and Sherman marched on his campaign from Savannah to Columbia. Originally, part of the Tomotley Barony granted by the King of England. This property has changed hands many times; some of the more notable former owners include Colonel Palmer, nephew of Edmund Bellinger, and Colonel John McPherson dating back to 1803. The historical plantation was not known as Cotton Hall until Daniel Howard, Esquire, took ownership. Although there any no pictures of the original antebellum house there are multiple live oaks that obviously mark the site of the original setting. Today Cotton Hall is one of the most notable plantations in the Lowcountry with the sweeping avenue of oaks leading up to the Georgian style 10,000 sq. ft. main house built in the late 1920’s, in addition there are multiple supportive out buildings, stables and a manager’s house.
Property Types & Usages
All information is assumed to be accurate and substantially correct but no assumptions of liability are intended. Neither the seller nor the agent or representatives warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information. Seller does not guarantee timber volumes, values, acreages (total, woodland/cropland, stand or otherwise), tree ages or the condition and/or function of any improvements, including but not limited to all buildings, machinery, appliances, wells, equipment, livestock and ponds. No representations or warranties are expressed or implied as to the property, its condition, boundaries or logging feasibility. Prospective buyers should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of this information.