Ask Todd Crosby
Cotton Hall Plantation
Cotton Hall is located in Beaufort County, SC just off the old Sheldon Church Road where revolutionary battles were fought for independence and Sherman marched on his campaign from Savannah to Columbia. Originally, part of the Tomotley Barony granted by the King of England. This property has changed hands many times; some of the more notable former owners include Colonel Palmer, nephew of Edmund Bellinger, and Colonel John McPherson dating back to 1803. The historical plantation was not known as Cotton Hall until Daniel Howard, Esquire, took ownership. Although there any no pictures of the original antebellum house there are multiple live oaks that obviously mark the site of the original setting. Today Cotton Hall is one of the most notable plantations in the Lowcountry with the sweeping avenue of oaks leading up to the Georgian style 10,000 sq. ft. main house built in the late 1920's, in addition there are multiple supportive out buildings, stables and a manager's house.